Welcome to Reading English Language Arts
Students should be...
- Reading at least 90 minutes each week at home. This time does not include the time we read at school.
- Recording the at home reading on their Reading Calendars. The September Calendar will be due October 2.
- Look for a Reading Calendar at the beginning of each month, and post it in a visible location.
- Taking 2 Accelerated Reader (AR) Quizzes each marking period. Your child should be reading at a teacher- approved book level. Click here to find a list of AR Books.
- The AR Quizzes will count as a reading product grade.
- Students have Spelling and Morphology/Vocabulary homework. They will get a new list of words about every 2 weeks. Check for the list in your child's binder. We have been working on the Unit 1 list in class. The Unit 2 list will begin the week of September 8. This word study will help with spelling, decoding, and comprehending unfamiliar words.